Well, whadda-ya-know? The last time I posted it was also for Random Dozen. Huh. Well, anyway...
1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?
My nose. It really used to bother me, but it is what it is, and I wouldn't do plastic surgery even if I could afford it. My teeth, on the other hand....
2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?
3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?
I speak and teach Spanish. I'd love to learn Mandarin and American Sign Language.
4. Who is your personal hero?
I don't really have one. I really respect anyone who las lived a life of faith and couples who have been happily married for MANY years.
5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?
My husband's extremely delicious, extremely homemade truffles and chocolate-covered cherries.
6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.
You know, I'll probably kick myself later, but nothing is coming to mind.
7. How do you feel about snow?
I love it, and so do my kiddos. Driving in it is vastly different from playing in it, though.
8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.
Disclaimer: Maternity is affecting my sleep patterns. I didn't want Lid to reach out and slap me through the monitor. :) Right now, I fall asleep after school for about 30 minutes, again at about 10, and then I wake up and go to bed at 12. Then I sleep till 7. So something like 9.5 hours, but all broken up. That is vastly more than normal, which is 6-7, and also vastly different from what "normal" will be once the baby gets here.
9. Tell me about your first crush.
Ok. I will, but crushes have always been weird for me to talk about. Something about my father's voice in my head saying, "You cannot date until age 40." I'm still not 40, and I'm married with my 3rd baby on the way.
I don't remember his name, but I was probably 9ish years old. He was someone in my grandma's neighborhood, and my friend and I thought he was cute. I even made him a tape of me singing a love song from Cinderella to him.
And FYI, I'm blushing just typing this AND rolling my eyes at my younger self.
10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?
Oh goodness. Probably a list. I like lists.
11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?
Neither. I dress for the season without knowing either of those pieces of information.
12. Favorite Christmas movie is?
The Santa Clause
Claire Huxtable... Totally.
Post a Comment