- I LOVE listening to the Bible (dramatized version) instead of solely reading it. Sometimes I also read along, but most often it was playing from my phone though an app called Faith Comes by Hearing.
- Do NOT start a program like this that will run over the holidays. Of course, if you find yourself with lots of thumb-twiddling time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, go for it!
- I could listen while I was doing things like picking up the house, folding laundry, etc. I could not listen well while talking, reading, or listening to something else at the same time (like kids' voices).
- I also started listening to Scripture while I was sleeping. I liked the thought of it being the first and last thing I heard every day.
- I thought a few times that God might have done a little more editing. There are a few repetitious spots. Just sayin', Lord. :)
I encourage you to try it out. It was really eye-opening to read everything within such a short time. It kept things more fresh in my head, especially when a New Testament verse referenced or quoted from the OT. Super cool. A place that has a lot of choices for plans is youversion.com. Check it out!