Don't feel obligated to read. I just want a more permanent record than FB.
- Saw The King's Speech with friends.
- Experienced brain cell shortages. ("Just called Katrina about five times, wondering why my daughter wasn't responding. Probably because her name is KATY.")
- Katy got two broken teeth and three cavities repaired. No clue about the broken teeth until she told the hygenist to watch out for the sharp ones in back.
- I was held hostage and forced to join the evil crew of Mrs. Captain Tooth Pirate and Bad Spiderman.
- Joshua started clapping (on the 23rd).
- Joshua fell asleep in his jumpy seat while I was in the shower.
- Stephen made strawberry jam.
- Joshua started pulling up to standing.
- Spent Spring Break time with Sally & Marvin where Katy and I got our first pedicures.
- Visited the ER with Caleb.
- Joshua said Mamamamama (2nd word, on the 27th).
- Introduced Ken & Sarah to the wonders of IKEA.
- Katy told me that if God had made the world an ellipse, Uncle Scott & Aunt Jodi would live closer.
- Went to Katy's kindergarten roundup at Lakeview.
- Joshua taught me the importance of securing the lid on our homemade laundry detergent.
- Katy told me that when people say "Praise the Lord!" after an scare, they really were just nervous about something, and then it didn't happen.
- Caleb said, "How do I look? Cool as nice and lookin' good."
- Katy bolstered my self esteem by telling Caleb that "this [Leapster Explorer] could even make Mommy smart."
- Joshua joined the Toothful Club (on the 20th).
- Caleb decided to turn four years old, much to Mommy's chagrin.
- Totally got up at 3:50AM to watch the royal wedding. Laptop in bed and all.
- Kicked off the month by moving in with Ken & Sarah so we can build next door.
- Caleb said, "Momma, wilw you come he'p me? My [toy] horse keeps tip-overing. I sink his wheels are confected."
- Spent a few nights in the basement when the bedrooms reached 85 degrees.
- Practiced my tick-removal skills.
- Started working at the church as the Children's Director.
- Proctored a final for Ken's class.
- Katy's last day of preschool, much to Mommy's chagrin.
- Stephen's 36th birthday.
- Barista-ed at my niece's open house.
- Enjoyed an America's Got Talent season, to which Katy said, "I guess America has a LITTLE talent."
- Caleb melted my heart with, "I'll pray for you, Momma. Dear God, thank you for my momma because she is so pretty, and I love her big much."
- Caleb got a colonoscopy. Whoopee.
- Put batteries in Caleb's toy. "Thanks, Momma! I'm so PROUD of you!!"
- Laminated 60 feet of VBS posters.
- Celebrated Joshua's 1st birthday!
- Overheard from Katy to Caleb. "Pretend you were a boy wolf and I was a girl wolf, and I fell in love with you, but you had to go to the bathroom and then I kissed you after you washed your hands."
- Had flashbacks to a few years ago when I took my baby down from the top of a six-foot ladder.
- Went to the Wabash County fair.
- Celebrated our TENTH anniversary with a night in Fort Wayne at the same B&B where we honeymooned.
- Caleb won the huge prize from the Summer Reading Program at our library - a new bike!
- Katy started kindergarten.
- Had a blast at the State Fair.
- Katy lost her first tooth (on the 26th).
- Had an awesome Grandparents Day at church. Highlight was having grandparents pray for grandkids.
- Went to WMCR (a married couples' retreat) and got appointed to the planning committee.
- Took a Spanish-speaking mom and her son in our van on the preschool pumpkin patch trip. It was a great chance to practice for me.
- Went to the Come to the Fire conference. Totally recommend it! Came home to Caleb asking for an "Africa-cot."
- Celebrated Katy's 6th birthday.
- Celebrated my 32nd birthday.
- Caleb ignored my warning and tried to climb the short dresser. He tipped it, of course, but I think he learned his lesson.
- Had a church retreat where the kiddos were WishGirl (who looked a lot like Batgirl), the Green Lantern, and a cute, cuddly bear.
- Replaced my own taillight on the van. :)
- Kiddos got to play with some close-in-age cousins at Thanksgiving.
- Caleb was upset at a consequence I had given. He said, "Mom, because you said that, I don't believe in you." "Ok, Caleb. Thanks for telling me. Now go brush your teeth."
- Joshua moved to a big-boy bed.
- Caleb successfully climbed the basketball at the mall's soft play area.
- Katy lost her second tooth (on the 6th).
- Church kids gave an amazing program!
- Katy was crushing on Dr. Oz.
- Stephen and I got a guitar for Christmas (from ourselves).
- Celebrated Christmas and traveled to Virginia to visit Scott and Jodi.
- Life has returned to normal minus Ken & Sarah, who are in Florida.
- Joshua, who discovered how to operate doorknobs AND locks, had to be moved to the big kids' room in a pack-n-play.