1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"
Sadly, yes. I LOVE public libraries and am utterly ashamed that I have been on the naughty list. In middle school, I checked out a book --possibly one of the Little House on the Prairie books-- and lost it. I didn't find it again until we were moving away from the area. It ended up being less expensive to buy the book than pay the fine, but I took it in anyway just so they would know I had found the missing book. Oddly enough, we are in the same situation now with a book Katy checked out.
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?
I keep a big stock of supplies, but since I've been using them a while, I'm finding that I don't have quite the right ones for particular occasions. For example, if you're having a birthday party, your gift may come in a baby shower bag because I've got a LOT of those. :)
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?
The closest I've come is that earthquake we had a couple of years ago. It was at five in the morning on a day that Stephen goes in to work quite early. I woke to the shaking, thought, "Huh. Must be an earthquake." Then I went back to sleep. Yeah. Hoping that no "life or death" situations arise whilst I am sleeping, because apparently it takes a lot to shock me into alertness.
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Ummm, I know who he is, but I couldn't name a song of his off the top of my head. After some research, I have decided that for me his jingles are the most familiar (State Farm, Band-Aid, etc.).
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
Love, love, love being in performances, so those are my favorite costumes. I have played a variety of chorus roles and some named characters. My favorite was probably what I wore as Mrs. Bedwin (housekeeper/nanny) in Oliver!
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Dictionary. When I talk, however, I tend to go through a few words before I settle on the one that's just right for what I'm saying.
7. What's your favorite breakfast food?
Eggs, bacon, and toast. And now I'm hungry.
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
Nope, but some things interest me.
9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yup. Hasn't everyone?
10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not really, but I do believe in the hard work that it takes to maintain a relationship.
11. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
Maybe three regular pairs and about 10 maternity ones. And that's after thinning the herd.
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.")
A randomized pile of books. Some open, some shut. Lots of children's literature. Bookmarks of all sorts.