1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.
You mean someone besides me? Ha ha ha. Just messing with you. I have had several teachers that I loved, but one thing they all had in common was that they loved their students and loved teaching. It's something I strive to show my students because it's true -- I love them and teaching.
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.
I wasn't even around for it, but when my dad decided to join the Air Force, it really affected my family. Moving around was great and difficult. I love variety and flexibility, but I have a hard time keeping long-term friendships.
3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?
I love blue, green, and purple, and for me, the richer the color, the better. Colors are like some endless sea that you can stare into.
4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?
Well, I'm 30 now, and I find myself tipping my reading material toward the light so I can see better. Might as well save time and send me to a home now. :)
5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?
Yes, in its non-scary, death-obsessed form. Kids, cool costumes, and candy are great.
6. What's your favorite musical?
Hands down, Rodgers and Hammerstein's State Fair. I've seen both movie versions, and I've been lucky enough to see it live twice. LOVE IT!
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?
I like the convenience of the city and the quiet of the country. I'm a confused, suburb mouse.
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn."
I think God's already got names for the stars. Seems a little presumptuous to me to try and rename one. Although, who knows? Maybe He knew I'd buy one and name it Deven47. :) Actually, I'd prefer something a little more...tangible.
This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't.
Paula, you do know that this blog is rated G, right?
Driving. Yup. I text and drive. Steer clear. I'm wising up to how dangerous it is, though. Kinda like sneezing while driving. I'm always sure I'm going to crash and die when that happens.
10. "It's not a party unless _______."
I'm not invited. Seriously. We must not project the "love to party" image. Ah well.
11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.
Traffic - listen to my music and sing along at the top of my lungs. Waiting room - bust out the iPod and NOT sing along at the top of my lungs. Fellow wait-ers are grateful for the distinction, I'm sure.
12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you?
Most of the time. Remember, I'm not so great at maintaining friendships, so if you're down with that, then we'll be fine.