Mom's cousin has written another Random Dozen. It's so much easier to
1. What is something that you have changed your mind about either recently or over a number of years?
That I would always be a teacher. God has been using a crowbar to get me to feel more open-minded about this over the last two years.
2. Choose either subject, but does your a) church b) job feel more like a dental chair experience or an easy chair (recliner) experience?
There are days when both do, but I would hope that if it felt like that all the time, I'd make a change. Church is a lot of work right now, but it's a lot of good work. Hopefully this season of craziness will soon pass.
3. Kisses or hugs? I actually typed "huts," which might have been a more interesting question.
Hugs. The image I got from kisses was the slobbery ones Caleb is handing out at this stage of life. It always makes me feel guilty to wipe his kiss off, but seriously, an adult shouldn't have strings of drool hanging from her face. Not cool.
4. What do you think is the biggest threat to families today?
Parents who aren't consistently living the values they want their children to have.
5. A day after you grocery shop, you open a perishable item that is horribly spoiled. Do you take your receipt back to the store to be reimbursed or just throw it away and forget about it?
Aside from the fact that it would be an anomaly for me to even BE grocery shopping, I would totally just throw it away. If, however, my husband had gone shopping, I would probably urge him to take it back. :) Love that inequality.
6. What personality trait (feel free to address good or bad or both) do you notice yourself adopting from your parents?
My dad is loud, outgoing, and excitable, and only sometimes thinks before speaking. He also enjoys the heels from loaves of bread. (See #7.) Hello, self.
7. How many slices of bread do you leave in the bottom of the bag when you throw it away? Two? Three? Just the heel? None? (I really want to know if you eat the heel.)
NONE. The heel is the best part! My husband, sadly, tosses the heels from his loaf. (We have severe bread differences.)
8. What mispronunciation or usage error really irritates you?
Any mispronunciation bothers me, but it bothers me more if it's a word the person uses repeatedly. Also, I prefer people to tell me if I'm making a mistake so I don't bother others in the same manner.
9. In honor of the uniqueness of today's date, what does the numeral 9 mean to you? (Any special life moments attached to the 9th? Are you the 9th kid in your family? Can you count by 9s really fast? etc.)
I like the multiply by nine on your hands trick. Try it. What's 9 x 3? Well, put both hands out in front of you with all fingers extended. Count three fingers from the left and put that one down. (That should be your left middle finger.) What are you left with? 27 -- two fingers on the left and seven on the right. That is just super cool, and it works all the way from 9x1 to 9x10.
10. Does the general color palette in your closet match the colors you chose to decorate your home with?
My closet is a whole-lotta dark. My birthday is in October, and with Christmas in December, I tend to get clothes at that time of the year. Anyway, no. I don't live in a house of black. :)
11. When you're hanging out with friends in the kitchen, do you automatically ask to help, or do you sit there and chat until the host asks if you'd like to help? I'm not implying that the 2nd choice stems from rudeness or laziness, just not a first-response like it is for some people.
I'm a chat-until-asked type person. I don't enjoy what goes on in the kitchen, so I'd rather socialize. I wouldn't say it's rude or lazy either. It may, however, be a teensy bit inconsiderate on my part.
12. Let's end on a pleasant note: What do you enjoy about September the most?
I love the start of fall, and there were three special ladies in my life who have birthdays in September (my grandma, mom, and daughter).